Compliance manager – Direct Client Business – Investment Manager
TCC has recently been instructed on an exclusive basis to hire an experienced Compliance Manager within the Edinburgh office of an established Asset Management firm managing assets worth over £14 billion.
The primary responsibility is to provide a compliance view of and input to policy and process as well as reviewing general and specific client implementation in the areas of the business dealing specifically with direct clients. This will include discretionary portfolio management, financial planning and the direct to client execution only service.
The role will involve posing appropriate and proportionate challenge to business practitioners across all areas but particularly in the specific area of financial planning activities to address the complexities and risk inherent in that activity.
- Fundamental input into relevant internal processes
- Co-ordinate departmental activities in focus areas across Edinburgh and London including collaboration with and management of London based resource
- Assess the requirements in the business developing Channel Islands operation
- Have primary responsibility for the ongoing development and execution of a timetabled risk based monitoring plan focusing on this area of business
- Identify means by which the programme can be developed to provide greater focus on risk areas
- Assist in training of relevant staff, including compliance colleagues, to broaden sector knowledge
- Review and analyse the quality of documented client recommendations in line with internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements
- Provide routine information on reviews to senior management
- Deliver agreed, robust, consistent management information to enable focus to be given to
- Provide written feedback in respect of trends identified.
- Where appropriate to liaise on a one-to-one basis with advisers, compliance colleagues and wider areas of the business.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Need to develop positive relationships at all levels both within the compliance team and across the business
- Time management and prioritisation
- IT Literate – including good Excel & Database skills
- Process discipline and attention to detail
- At least 5 years direct experience and knowledge of the regulatory requirements for the provision of financial advice and associated products
- Must have experience of the private client financial planning sector including complex areas such as pension transfers as well as overall service provision including portfolio management covering regulatory aspects such as suitability and training and competence
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant products and services
- Relevant Financial Planning qualifications essential including a minimum level 4 post RDR qualification.
- Holders of a relevant additional qualification will be particularly appealing candidates. Examples would be AF1/G10, AF3, AF6, AF7/G60.
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Will require a thorough understanding of the regulatory framework including the impact of recent developments such as MiFID 2
- A team player who is willing to step outside the job description to provide wider coverage for compliance across the business
- It is vital that the person in this role takes a collaborative approach with our practitioners with a view to enhancing structure and procedures for the overall benefit of our clients.
- Will be based in the Edinburgh office but frequent visits to the London operation will be required
Your data and your privacy