As with any regulatory change, the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR) is adding pressure to already stretched compliance teams and other impacted business functions. Our solutions help you make sense of what you need to do and how best to do it.
SM&CR implementation is a considerable undertaking that shifts responsibilities onto individuals. With such significant change to your policies, processes and operational measures, you are likely to need independent assurance to be confident that you’ve covered all bases.
Getting it right first time can save you from costly reworks and gap-plugging.
How can we help?
We can either provide:
- Independent assurance to give you confidence your approach is robust; or
- Expertise and resource to deliver more comprehensive support for successful implementation.
With either option we adopt the following phased approach:
Phase 1: Gap Analysis
We firstly identify the extent to which your current processes, practices and policies meet the requirements of the regime by performing a gap analysis to articulate what needs changing/updating.
Phase 2: Implementation
Following recommendations outlined in phase 1, we help you execute an effective and efficient implementation plan. We will either provide resources to augment your team, giving you bandwidth to do more, or we can provide independent assurance of your in-house implementation project.
Phase 3: Ongoing assurance
Periodic assurance is essential to ensuring compliance remains robust. This can include an annual review of ongoing compliance with the relevant requirements or a one-off review following changes within your business.
Why choose us?
- Independent – you maintain control while we provide independent assurance
- Experienced – we are in the process of helping a number of firms across various sectors within Financial Services get SM&CR ready!
- Culture orientated – our conduct focused approach means your underlying culture and governance will be at the heart of what we do.